DCMOTO - Release notes
DCMOTO is an emulator for Windows of all Thomson 8 bits computers
Linux, Mac-OS and other operating system users may wish to use
dcmo5, dcto8d or dcto9p. Links are on the home page of the official web site.
Version : 2018.03.17
Author : Daniel Coulom
Web page : dcmoto.free.fr
- MO5 azerty (3 versions), MO5 qwerty, MO5E, german MO5E, MO5 OS9
- MO5N, MO5NR, MO6 (3 versions), Olivetti Prodest PC128
- T9000, French QWERTY TO7, French QWERTY TO7, German QWERTY TO7
- TO7/70, arab TO7/70
- TO9, german TO9
- TO8, TO8 prototype, TO8D, TO9+, TO9+ OS9
Every new version is supposed to come with improvements and bug fixes. It can also bring new troubles.
Reporting abnormal behaviour is very important, in order to fix program errors.
In case of major issue, you can still use previous versions.
Some anti-virus find threats in harmless programs, especially when the executable program is compressed with UPX.
With DCMOTO there is absolutely no virus, trojan horse, spyware, nor advertising nor call to any website.
If your anti-virus program finds a threat, it is a "false positive". In this case, you must report the error to your
provider, so it can correct the detection rules.
Required hardware configuration
Pentium or newer processor, frequency 300 MHz or better.
Windows 98/ME or Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Seven/8/10 or newer, 32 bits or 64 bits.
640x480 or better display, 65536 or more colors. Audio processor needed.
Unzip downloaded file to any folder and (optional) make a shortcut to dcmoto.exe program.
DCMOTO doesn't copy any file to other folders. It doesn't modify registry, nor any file in your computer.
It is a portable program : it can be copied to a removable device, i.e. an external hard drive or an usb key,
and moved to another computer with no difficulty.
Execute dcmoto.exe by double-clicking the filename or using the shortcut.
Select the language (Options/Settings...).
Read online Help and dcmoto web site documentation.
Keyboard layout can be displayed and modified by user (Tools/Keyboard...).
- Fixed NEG operation error : when resulting value is $80 condition code carry bit must be set.
- Fixed keyboard simulation with text file (file selection not working).
- Fixed SD card CMD52 emulation error with CS91-280 controller and SDMOTO device.
- Added LEGO DACTA controller emulation.
- With CS91-280 controller emulation the selection programme SDMOTO.SEL is automatically added to the selected SD card.
- Fixed SYNC operation emulation for both 6809 and 6309 processors.
- With SDDRIVE controller emulation the selection programme SDDRIVE.SEL is automatically added to the selected SD card.
- Added SDDRIVE emulation parameters to .mrx files.
- Added SDDRIVE controller emulation for simulating floppy disks on SD card.
- Added new option to select emulator sound output sampling rate.
- Italian help updated (translation by Giuseppe Papa).
- Check .mrx file version before loading.
- Use keyboard customisation files (.key) with Windows executable files (.exe).
- Fixed 6809 DAA operation code emulation error (this error occured in 2017.07.04 version).
- Fixed cartridge emulation error (this error occured in 2017.07.04 version).
- Restore 'Pause' status after closing debugger tool (this error occured in 2017.07.04 version).
- Fixed tape read error with TO9, TO8, TO8D and TO9+.
- In the debugging tool, the 2000 previous values of the processor registers are displayed.
- In the debugging tool, the three previous instructions before current instruction are disassembled and displayed.
- In the debugging tool, READ and WRITE breakpoints incorrect operation fixed .
- In the debugging tool, three breakpoints are available.
- In the debugging tool, the CC (condition register) bits are displayed separately.
- The debugging tool is spread accross two windows in order to fit a low resolution PC screen.
- Experimental simulation and disassembly of Hitachi HD63C09 processor instructions and registers.
- Saving the current state in MO5 or TO7/70 mode create a .sd file, allowing restoring the emulator state on the actual hardware.
- Return $CC when reading 'SYSTEME 2' register ($A7DD/$E7DD) with last generation computers.
- Fixed brightness control with lightpen. Lightpen adjustment function now works fine with TO7 and TO7/70.
- Added MO5 N emulation. The MO5 N is a MO6 prototype discovered in 2017.
- Fixed mouse left button operation with MO5NR, MO6 and PC128.
- New option to simulate a monochrome screen, white or green or amber.
- Fixed memory bank selection error with the system PIA of the TO computers. UCSD Pascal is now working.
- New option to force 4/3 aspect ratio of the emulated computer screen.
- New option to simulates cathode ray tube scanlines.
- The cartridge bank number is no more reset after program initialization.
- Fixed a processing error with MO graphical keyboard Uppercase and Basic keys.
- Added TO9+ computer with OS-9 ROM.
- Fixed emulation and disassembly of CWAI microprocessor instruction.
- Added 'actual speed' checkboxes for tape and floppy disks.
- Allow to load a removable media with an empty image file.
- Loading a SD card image file shows the actual filename instead of 'boot.sd'.
- Fixed an error (introduced in 2015.05 version) with simutaneous SHIFT and BASIC keystrokes.
- Added CS91-282 SD card controller emulation for the MO5.
- Fixed Shift-Lock LED display error with MO6 and PC128 graphical keyboards.
- With Arduino option, each byte in files with .wav extension .wav is converted to 6 bits.
- Added Arduino option in .mrx file to allow playing audio streaming demos with dcmoto.
- Fixed mouse pointer shape error when resizing emulator window.
- PC keyboard does not emulate joysticks when option is not checked in sttings dialog box..
- Not-documented instructions $41 et $42 are no more used for MO5 and MO6 copy-protected tapes.
- Fixed Arduino interface and joystick emulation conflict.
- Emulate nanoreseau controller to enable communication with dcnanosereur.
- Emulate non-documented 6809 microprocessor operation codes.
- Fixed an error in last generation computer palette update.
- Added memory read at the beginning of the CLR 6809 microprocessor operation.
- Fixed several errors when loading and unloading image files (disk, tape and memory card).
- Added Arduino interface emulation to read an SD card and send bytes to the joystick ports.
- Fixed lowercase LED display in TO7 and TO7/70 keyboard, to avoid blinking screen with Crystann.
- Carry bit in the CC register is no longer set when the TO8/TO8D/TO9+ disk drive is empty.
- New dialog box to customize joystick emulation key mapping.
- Added new computer emulation : german MO5, OS9 MO5, v1.0 and v1.1 MO5, serial U and V MO6.
- Replace scancodes by virtual key codes to map PC keyboard keys.
- Error fixed in computation of music and game 6821 PIA port A.
- Error fixed in MO6 video bank selection.
- New function in debugging tool, to save a binary file from emulated computer memory.
- Updated CS91-280 controller code to version 2014.12.28 (to fix a bug with the MO6).
- Updated CS91-280 controller code to version 2014.12.11 (to read SD card directory).
- Added video page1 and page2 mode emulation for last generation computers.
- Added superimposition and triple superimposition modes for last generation computers.
- Error fixed in TO7/70 ram bank selection (DDRB selection).
- Fixed INMOUSE return values when the mouse is not plugged (X = 0 and Y = 0).
- Error fixed in time interruption (clear CSR0 bit as explained in 6846 datasheet).
- Reading MO computer system PIA port B clears IRQ signal.
- SD card SPI signal is now generated on clock falling edge.
- Added SD card CMD12 emulation for SDMO and SDMOTO interfaces.
- Added MO5 optional 4K EPROM at $B000.
- Added TO8 #14 prototype emulation.
- Added CS91-280 controller emulation for SDMOTO and SDMO interfaces.
- Fixed error to avoid emulator crash during disk formating.
- Fixed error in .mrx file color palette saving.
- Added graphical keyborads to simulate Thomson keyboard and customize PC keyboard mapping.
- Added binary file address different from dump address in debugging tool.
- Added SDMO interface emulation for MO computers.
- Added CFMO interface emulation for MO computers.
- Error fixed in CD90-640 floppy disk controller emulation ($A7D8/$E7D8 byte writing).
- Error fixed in TO9 floppy disk controller emulation ($E7D8 byte writing).
- Error fixed in dcmoto.ini for CD90-351 controller option.
- Error fixed in LEAX and LEAY 6809 instruction emulation : N bit in CC register must not be changed.
- SDMOTO emulation improvement : functions added to write to the SD card.
- MO5 rom v1.1 replaced by v2.1 (last mechanical keyboard MO5 version).
- Added one cycle to 6846 timer period to comply with real hardware.
- Fixed key test error with T9000, TO7 and TO7/70 keyboards.
- Fixed system PIA emulation with T9000, TO7 and TO7/70.
- Added MC6846 timer emulation for the T9000, TO7 and TO7/70.
- Fixed TO9 emulation freeze when launching Basic 1.0 with no disk loaded.
- SDMOTO interface emulation with second joystick port (test in progress...).
- Fixed condition code Z bit setting after KTEST with TO8 and TO8D keyboards.
- Added right mouse button emulation for all computers.
- Added mouse emulation for TO9 and german TO9 computers.
- With Tape/load command, an ASCII .txt file is automatically converted to .k7 file.
- Fixed unexpected sound cracks with TO9, TO8, TO8D and TO9+.
- Fixed TO9 mouse and ligthpen interrupt errors.
- Improved emulation of the TO9 and TO9+ keyboard.
- Improved emulation of the TO9 system PIA.
- After canceling 'Tape load', the previous tape is not unloaded.
- After canceling 'Disk load', the previous disk is not unloaded.
- Emulation test for SD card devices : MO5SD (on the tape port) and MO6SD/TO8SD (on the joystick port).
- Accented characters are now valid with keyboard simulation.
- Mouse click bug fixed for all computers.
- Mouse emulation bug fixed for MO5NR, MO6 and PC128 computers.
- Minor bug fixes.
- New emulated computer : German QWERTY TO7.
- New emulated computer : French QWERTY TO7.
- Improved floppy disk controller emulation, allowing to boot from disk unit #1.
- 6846 timer status is now saved to .mrx file.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Keyboard simulation defaults to fast speed (screen displayed after each line).
- SWI instruction disassembled differently depending on the computer type (MO or TO).
- Floppy controller initialization does not reset the selected default device.
- Fixed MO5NR, MO6 and PC128 memory bank management.
- Fixed keyboard simulation error with the TO8 and the TO8D.
- New feature to load a binary file into memory.
- Fixed cycle number and video line number in the debugger dialog box.
- Minor improvements in video display functions.
- Added Italian language option.
- Added emulation of joystick second button.
- Fixed BEEP malfunction with TO8, TO8D and TO9+ modes.
- Fixed an error in PSHU and PSHS instructions when U or S register becomes less than zero.
- Fixed wrong test making disk unit 3 impossible to format with DSKINI function.
- Fixed error in PIA emulation when joysticks are not selected in the option dialog box.
- Fixed problem with the joystick fire button detection in some uncommon cases.
- Fixed disk format function. It was wrong with DOS Basic and Assembler cartridge.
- Keyboard repeat delay adjusted for TO8, TO8D, TO9 and TO9+.
- Fixed music speed change after pressing a key with the TO8 and the TO8D.
- Emulation of undocumented forms of EXG and TFR 6809 microprocessor operations.
- Added new button to link to dcmoto website in 'About' dialogbox.
- Fixed 'Music & game' 6821 PIA emulation error (read port B).
- Fixed TO8 and TO9+ RAM switching error in TO7/70 compatibility mode.
- Fixed processor emulation error. Correct screen is now displayed with MEMO5 version of LOGO.
- File dcmoto-printer.txt is automatically closed to allow opening without closing the emulator.
- Simulation of keystrokes with clipboard or text file.
- No warning for $41 and $42 opcode when "Stop on invalid operation code" option is unchecked.
- Joystick initialization improved. HID devices on USB port are now working.
- Fixed interrupt processing error with "La Malediction de Thaar" TO8 version.
- Fixed TO8 keyboard emulation error with "Micro-Scrabble" and "Las Vegas".
- Fixed inverted french and english messages in main menu.
- Fixed memory page switching error with TO8 in TO7/70 compatibility mode. Game X-RAY is now working.
- New gamma adjustment function available in Options/Settings menu
- $41 and $42 invalid instruction warning disabled when no MO5 nor MO6 cassette are loaded
- Error in 2011.01 version fixed : erroneous RAM adress in the 'RAM supersedes the ROM' process
- TO8 keyboard interface emulation error fixed (Sapiens, Le 5e Axe, ...)
- TO8 and TO8D keyboard emulation routine significantly improved
- Keyboard scan error with MO computer family fixed
- DAA (6809 operation) emulation fixed. MGT tape for TO8 works fine
- Lightpen detection problem fixed (brightness computation was erroneous)
- Implementation of QD90-280 emulation with the TO8, TO8D and TO9+ (showing the TO9+ bug)
- QDD sector read/write error with CQ90-028 controller fixed
- Many technical improvements with no impact on the user interface
Versions 2010.10 and 2010.10.22
- IRQ signal management error fixed with the new subversion 2010.10.22
- Dcmoto license text has been added to "About dcmoto" dialogbox
- "About dcmoto" dialogbox is automatically displayed when dcmoto.ini is missing or obsolete
- In debugger module, automatic incrementation of the address after a memory byte modification
- Computer power switch is emulated with PC Scroll-Lock key
- Pause state is ended with any key stroke, mouse click or joystick fire button
- Errors fixed and improvements made in Save snapshot and Restore snapshot functions
- Bank memory switching error fixed in TO8 mode
- Options and Tuning are now parts of the same dialog box
- Frame rate and sound buffer number options are no longer available. Best values are used
- Contrast and brightness tuning is no longer available
- Gamma curve modified to render better 8, 16 and 4096 color palettes
- CAPSLOCK flag added to the status line, near the computer name
- Video mode with 525 lines is emulated. Overscan routine works in the HCL Megademo
- IRQ signal duration has been increased to fix a sound problem in La Malediction de Thaar
- TO8 ans TO8D keyboard reading bug fixed
- TO8 and TO8D mute signal is accurately emulated after measurements on the real computer
- Memory bank number can be select for desassembly and memory dump
- Debug mode break point address and memory dump address are saved and restored like other dcmoto options
- Cartridge, disk and tape are saved in .mrx file and restored as well
- Error fixed in TO9 boot sector reading
- The 6809 emulator has been deeply modified, to make it easy to port to other systems
- In step by step debug mode, the screen is refresh after each instruction execution
- The tape is automatically rewind when a hardreset occurs
- The tape is no longer automatically rewinded at the end, there is just a warning message
- Disk and tape images are loaded into PC memory
- Brightness and contrast slightly modified for 16 color palette
- Right-Ctrl is used as the default key for ACC emulation, for all computers
- Better full-screen mode. Shortcuts are PAGE-UP for full-screen and PAGE-DOWN for windowed mode
- DirectSound is no longer used, to make sound emulation simple and light
- TO8, TO8D and TO9 keyboard emulation fixed. This solve the keyboard problem with Le 5ème Axe
- Better interrupt management in 6809 emulator
- Tape writing with TO7 : error fixed
- No more bank switching with TO8 and TO9 when writing to an address > &H1FFF
- Saving and restoring of 'Stop on invalid 6809 operation code' setting fixed
- Error fixed in TO9+ key decoding function
- New tuning : display contrast and brightness
- New dialog box for speed tuning, sound tuning and display tuning
- 4096 color palette computed with EF9349 gamma coefficients
- 8 and 16 color palette computed with genuine four level color coding
- French MO5E emulation (AZERTY keyboard)
- Arab TO7/70 emulation (QWERTY keyboard)
- German TO9 emulation (QWERTY keyboard)
- Memory expansion enabled/disabled option
- TO8 and TO9 Mute signal bug fixed
- Tape unit tool bug fixed
- Sound volume control added
- Emulation stopped during disk formating
- Screenshot function added to File menu
- Snapshot save and restore functions added to File menu
- Fixed 6809 SYNC instruction. Now 5ème Axe character doesn't blink anymore
Version 2008.01 (v10.1)
- Sharp tuning of microprocessor frequency (step = 1 kHz)
- Improved accuracy of sound sampling frequency
- New 'Apply' button in Settings dialog box
- New values for sound buffer number : 2-4-6-8-10
- Ramdisk formating fixed
- Load snapshot function fixed
- No more sound interferences during setting of T08-TO8D-TO9+ color palette
Version 2007.10 (v10.0)
- Automatic initialisation of the system date (TO8, TO8D, TO9+)
- New display routines for more acurate rendering (have a look at HCL demo)
- Enable/disable option for numpad emulation
- Enable/disable option for joystick emulation with PC numpad
- Fixed bug in music and game MC6821 emulation
- Fixed help dialogbox resize
Version 2007.08 (v9.6)
- Fixed v9.5 bug in QDD emulation for MO5 and MO5E
- Break point type can be selected (exec, read, write)
- Fixed lightpen and mouse coordinates in left or right margin
- Added warning message before floppy disk formating
- Auto-rewind after reaching the end of a tape image (.k7 file)
- After a floppy disk access error, right error code is returned
- Fixed disassembler bug for LDY, CMPX et CMPY (immediat mode)
- Fixed disassembler bug (PC relative address)
- Added CD 90-015 floppy controller emulation
- Added single side low density floppy disk emulation
- Fixed 6846 emulation error (CRC register)
- Added new option : number of sound buffers (2, 4 or 8)
Version 2006.12 (v9.5)
- Simplification of language dependent message management
- MC6846 controller timer emulation improved
- Mute signal emulation fixed (sound bug in Bob Winner is fixed)
- Fixed program crash when reading not opened .k7 file
- Added new screenshot size : 600x400
- New option to do not stop 6809 on invalid operation code
- New optional break point on memory read or write
- Lightpen position on a black area is no longer detected
- Fixed TO9 cursor blinking malfunction
- Fixed GP500 and Bactron sound problem on TO8
- Joystick emulation no more linked to emulated computer
- Added emulation of the TO8, TO8D, TO9, TO9+ numeric keypad
- Better executable compression using LZMA algorithm
Version 2006.10 (v9.4)
- Cartridge initialisation fixed in hardreset function
- Keyboard shortcuts for snapshot and screenshot
- CD90-351 emulation fixed (4 rom banks switched with &a7d8)
- MRX file format modified (controller type added)
- 6809 disassembly shows microprocessor cycle number
- New option for 320x200 screenshot (without border)
- TO9 colour errors fixed
- New emulation speed options : 800% and max
- Added new screen mode 'bitmap4HCL' for HCL mega demo
- New layout for 'debug' dialog box
- Bugs fixed in 6809 disassembler
- Selected bank number displayed in 'debug' dialog box
- Improved 'Copy to clipboard' function in 'debug' dialog box
- Printer emulation now works for every emulated computer
- External controllers now work for every emulated computer
- Fixed joystick detection bug (ie in Yeti)
- Fixed LOGO-TO7 cartridge control (a new logo-to7 is available)
- Many detail improvements
- .sap file conversion fixed
Version 2006.04 (v9.3)
- Task bar and menus are disabled in full-screen mode
- Keyboard customization dialogbox improvements
- Possible crash fixed in keyboard remapping
- .mrx format improvement, to save cartridge contents
- Keyboard shortcuts : Pause, Screenshot, Snapshot, Debug
- Screenshot size can be selected in Options / Settings...
- New F8 shortcut key to restore a .mrx file
- Error and warning message management fully redesigned
- Device selection bug fixed in 'Settings' dialog box
- Write protection checkbox in 'Tape unit' dialog box
- Status bar updated after option setting
- Status bar updated after 'Tape' tool had been used
- 'tape protection' checkbox size fixed in 'settings...' dialog box
Version 2005.09 (v9.2)
- Fullscreen mode available with ALT-ENTER
- Improved screen display programming (using function pointers)
- Video line displayed 12 microseconds sooner (to fit Puls group demos)
- Bug fixed in built-in TO8-TO8D-TO9+ controller (jamming some Infogrames games since v9.1)
- Optimization of 6809 emulator
Version 2005.06 (v9.1)
- User can change keyboard layout
- TO8 and TO9 Palette Load/Save functions corrected
- TO7/70 border color bug fixed
- Gamma correction improved for all emulated computers
- Many detail improvements
- CPU load reduced with more efficient programming (using pointers to functions)
Version 2005.01 (v9.0 beta 3)
- New display interface using DirectDraw
- New audio output using DirectSound
- Window can be resized and maximized
- New options for zooming and write protection
- New fields in Debug window
- .mrx file name can be choosed
- Screenshots can be saved to .bmp files
- TO7 second version is now emulated
- .sap files are read and automatically converted
- Bug fixed : disk format for unit > 0
- DirectX detailed error messages
- Screenshot .bmp structure compatible with non-microsoft software
- GetWindowInfo function removed for Windows 95 compatibility
Version 2004.08 (v8.4 preview)
- TO9 keyboard bug fixed
- About DCMOTO switched from file menu to help menu
- Minor changes in keyboard layout to improve consistency among emulated computers
- Memory access improved for a better performance
© 2018 - Daniel Coulom